Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Calmar Public Library Society is a non-profit organization that encourages public use and enjoyment of library services and facilities. Friends are community members who believe that a good library is a vital part of our community. The members of the Friends focus public attention on library needs and support the programs and services of the Calmar Public Library through fundraising, promotion, and volunteering personal and professional services.
For more information, please contact us!
At its core, the Friends seeks to support the Calmar Public Library. There are several ways this happens:
- Promoting, enhancing, and expanding public awareness of the Calmar Public Library through fundraising and special events
- Meeting and advocating on behalf of the Library with community leaders and the public
- Volunteering at events, fundraisers, and activities in order to support the Calmar Public Library
- Planning and organizing special events which contribute to the cultural life of the community
- Enjoy meeting new people and become involved in the Community
- Practice or learn skills, and gain experience that can be added to your resumé
- Attend special events and functions for members
- Enjoy voting privileges at the Friends’ Annual General Meeting
- Feel great about promoting and contributing to community initiatives and library programs
- Enhance your community by sharing your talents, energy and knowledge